We head back to Taiwan baseball to learn more about baseball and the development of young kids. We continue to explore high school, college and professional baseball.
So much to learn from this country which captured around 17 Little League World Series titles and competed at the top of International competition at all levels.
They host the WBSC 12 u World Championships and are in the finals all the time. Check out what things they do different or just do the same but do it consistently.
- Larry Lins background growing up in Taiwan.
- Larry went to college in the states, how that helped mix Taiwan and USA coaching ideas?
- When kids start to play in Taiwan?
- What age?
- How are the practices run at the young ages?
- Where is baseball, in clubs, schools?
- Who are their teachers?
- What does a typical day look like for a young kid in school and baseball training?
- What type of equipment do you use with the young kids?
- Is it disciplined, mixed with fun?
- Do kids in Taiwan play other sports?
- Why do you think Taiwan is so good at the sport?
- Do you think baseball in Taiwan is stressed to much?
- Are clubs, schools, and Federation trying to tamper down how much baseball is practiced and played in Taiwan?
- Do they play more games or practice more?
- High School Baseball?
- College Baseball?
- Professional Baseball in Taiwan?
- So much to learn here.
Check out his Face Book page Larry Lin, lots of drills with young kids.
Studied master of business adminstration(MBA) at Royal Roads University
Lives in Taichung, Taiwan
From Taichung, Taiwan
MBA Royas Roads University, Canada
Studied Cal State University, CA.
Military Service Taiwan
Coach his own club now full time.
Your Host Peter Caliendo
You Tube at Peter Caliendo
Face Book at Peter Caliendo
Twitter @baseballout and @petercaliendo
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS