Pete Wilkinson Is a former international Olympic program baseball and softball lead consultant, a former collegiate baseball player at the University of Southern California, a high school baseball coach in both California and Washington with teams ranked in the top echelon of statewide polls in both states, and a coach of State and Regional Champions at both the high school and select levels.
Pete has been recognized nationally and internationally for the quality of his teaching, coaching and mentoring his students.
· He has been awarded the American Baseball Coaches Association’s “Collegiate Baseball News Tom House Teaching Professional of the Year Award”
· He served as Exclusive National Consultant for the development of both the baseball and softball Olympic Development Programs of the former Soviet Union
· He is on the Canadian national youth baseball coach certification faculty for BC Minor Baseball
· He has been a member of the National Pitching Association’s coach and player development faculty and later a Regional Director of that organization
· He has been named Conference Coach of the Year in his stint as head coach at Bellevue High School in Washington, and he has coached high school teams who have won Conference, District, Regional and State Championships
· He has been and continues to speak at and participate in state, regional, university, high school association, and national/international clinics and camps and to local and regional organizations
· He has spoken at the American Baseball Coaches Association annual conference and at the National Fastpitch Softball Coaches Association annual conference
· He served the Pac-12 Conference as an Umpire Observer in the first conference-sponsored program of umpire evaluation and development
Academy alumni include NCAA and NAIA National Champions, Major Leaguers, College World Series participants and winners, All-Americans, Conference champions and statistical record holders (including single season home runs, single season ERA, career hits), and have numbered nearly 100 MLB draftees.
Virtually all of Pete’s students have earned at least one college degree, and in excess of 90% of them have played college baseball.
Your Host Peter Caliendo
You Tube at Peter Caliendo
Face Book at Peter Caliendo
Twitter @baseballout and @petercaliendo
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS