On the show today, Matt Helke, a must listen and more shows to come with him.
Check out the 37 page article science based Matt wrote on this topic, go to https://www.thebaseballobserver.com/
Coach Matt Helke Active coach since 1992, Performance Optimization & Mental Game Mentor Founder of The Baseball Observer Digital Magazine & Directory Founder of 360 Peak Performance •BS Psychology (Cognition & Perception) •Certified Sports Psychology Coach (Ed.) • Certified Biomechanics Specialist •Certified Applied Neuroscience & Brain Health •Certified Sports Guided Imagery •Certified Core Conditioning Specialist •Certified First Aid/ CPR/ AED (American Red Cross) •Accredited Interscholastic Coach Long Standing Member: -ABCA, NFHS, OHSBCA & ISBS (International Society of Biomechanics in Sports) Professional Affiliate: -APA Div 47 (Society for Sport, Exercise & Performance Psychology) Discussed:
1)Why the batting T is a waste of time, you can be more efficient other ways.
2) Science behind why the batting T does not help much.
3) Does it make sense to play T Ball?
4) Building motor skills.
5) Building Kinetic Awareness.
6) The mind and body need to coordinate.
7) What made you research not using a batting T anymore.
8) 1 pitch can have potential 80 spots.
9) Add a curve ball and that could be 160 spots.
10) Always question what you think you know.
So much to this show, have to listen. Next show with Matt, why Soft Toss is wasting your time. Peter Caliendo your host: www.baseballoutsidethebox.com Audio ESPN Honolulu Audio Email Caliendo19@gmail.com