Great discussion about developing younger players for the big league level.
- Going from High School and College baseball as a coach to professional baseball.
- What is special about working for the Dodgers.
- How are the Dodgers in dealing with all their staff members that other organizations should follow.
- Going from an assistant professional coach to being a manager.
- Communication skills.
- Asking lots of questions.
- Interview process
- State of the youth game today and changes we need in the long term to keep players in the game longer.
- How has the game changed and are we heading back some to make sure players develop long term
- Techniques which have changed which are not always good for all players.
- Teaching players as individuals.
- And so much more to this discussion.
Head freshman coach at Edison High school (Huntington Beach, CA) in 2004
Head coach at Trout Lake (WA) HS in 2005
Assistant at Edison from2006-2009
MLB Envoy coach (Germany) 2009
Assistant coach Brewster Whitecaps (Cape Cod League) 2010
Assistant coach at Irvine Valley College 2010-2013
Head coach Anchorage Bucs (Alaska League) 2011-2014
UNLV Volunteer assistant 2014
NCAA regionals 2014, Mountain West champs
University of New Mexico volunteer assistant 2015-2017
NCAA Regionals 2016, Mountain west champs 2015 & 2016
LA Dodgers 2017-Present
2017, 2018, 2019 Arizona league coach
2020 Ogden Raptors manager
2021 AZL manager
Web Site: www.baseballoutsidethebox.com