He attended Dean College, where Holtz played baseball for two years. He played third base and pitcher for the Bet Shemesh Blue Sox of the Israel Baseball League as a player-coach in 2007, during which time he roomed with player Nate Fish. He won the Commissioner’s Award for Distinguished Service.
Holtz founded and is the owner of Game On 13, a baseball and softball strength and sports conditioning and skills development training facility in Elmsford in Westchester County in New York state. His wife is Traci Holtz and they have three children.
Holtz was the assistant coach of gold-medal-winning Team USA in baseball at the 2013 Maccabiah Games. He was then the Team USA head coach for the gold-medal-winning Under-18 baseball team at the 2017 Maccabiah Games.
The team played in the 2019 European Baseball Championship – B-Pool in early July 2019 in Blagoevgrad, Bulgaria, winning all five of its games and advancing to the playoffs against Team Lithuania in the 2019 Playoff Series at the end of July 2019 for the last qualifying spot for the 2019 European Baseball Championship.
In September 2019, he managed Team Israel to a fourth-place finish at the 2019 European Baseball Championship in Germany. Among the teams Team Israel defeated was Team Germany. Holtz noted: “Going to Germany, a country that we wouldn’t have been allowed in 80 years ago, and not only to go there but perform there and defeat them on their own land, yeah, it was a little bit more (meaningful) once the game was over.” He also managed the team at the Africa/Europe 2020 Olympic Qualification tournament in Italy in September 2019, which Israel won to qualify to play baseball at the 2020 Summer Olympics in Tokyo.
Dates EmployedApr 2012 – Present
Employment Duration8 yrs 7 mos
- Free-lance Consultant for International companies in the field of exports, marketing and sales, as well as strategic development. Available for consultation and hands-on help for companies considering first steps in exporting; companies needing on-going assistance; or companies looking to make strategic changes. Vast experience in strategic development, penetrating new markets, new digital marketing, social media, defining and developing products to market demands, and marketing and sales of consumer products. Vast experience in the field of sports marketing and now building a new team of Israeli Sports Start-Ups and presenting them to Major League Baseball teams.…
Company NameIsrael Association of Baseball
Total Duration15 yrs
- Dates EmployedJun 2013 – Present
- Employment Duration7 yrs 5 mos
- The IAB is the governing body in Israel for baseball. I am President and an Executive Committee Member. The IAB has grown over 40% during my tenure, Team Israel reached sixth place in the last World Baseball Classic Championship, and Israel is ranked #19 in the World for baseball. My experience has taken me from the baseball field to the baseball corporate room.
- TitleGeneral Manager, Team Israel, WBC
- Dates EmployedAug 2011 – Present
- Employment Duration9 yrs 3 mos
- Manage Israel's entry in the World Baseball Classic in 2012 and 2016-17 and 2021.
Senior Vice President for Marketing and Exports
Dates Employed1996 – May 2012
Employment Duration16 yrs
Dates Employed1989 – 1996
Employment Duration7 yrs
GM Peter Kurz and Manager Eric Holtz join the show to talk about Israeli baseball, the growth, development of the sport and their travels in making it to the Tokyo Olympics in 2021.
Things Discussed: How baseball started in Israel. How baseball is developed in Israel. Challenges baseball has and why kids love the game. Coaches development plays a big part, what are some things they do for coaches. Baseball Academy to develop the better players. Why Israeli/American players are important at the higher levels to help develop the sport. 18 U all Israeli players and won the European Championships B. Great time teach game on line, show games and talk about the game as things happen in the game. Dealing with failure, how to over come it. When losing 3 games in a row what do you tell your team. Building chemistry, lots of ways. We told them we are leaving the hotel Team Israel and coming back Olympians. What have you learned during this time as the manager. We go through the Olympic Qualifiers. So much more.
Your Host Peter Caliendo Podcast: www.baseballoutsidethebox.com
You Tube Peter Caliendo
Face Book Baseball Outside the Box, Caliendo Sports International, Peter Caliendo
Podcast web site: www.baseballoutsidethe box.com Twitter @baseballout www.wbsc.org
About the Show:
Email questions or comments to the show: email@example.com
Get Baseball Outside The Box on iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, Podbean, and more.
Brought to you by LineupMedia.fm.