Coach Caliendo interviews world-renowned Dutch Head of Athletic Performance for Dutch baseball Paul Venner. The Dutch have a very good baseball development program for years and also a fantastic coaches' education program. They have gone outside the box and questioned many development processes used today in the game of baseball. Through lots of science-based research, trial and error they have developed new ways to get players to accomplish their skills through variability. These processes have been implemented by many major league teams. They discuss innovatively researched ways to integrate skill and strength together for better baseball performances.
Some details covered:
Core problem of training.
- Risk and rewards aspects.
- Integration of skill and strength training.
- Build block of stability and variability in movement.
- How and why to implement dynamic loads in training.
- What is differential learning and how it is applied and helps.
- What is Chaos learning and how is it applied to baseball training.
- Utilizing movement with water for strength, balance, coordination and more.
- What is master constraint lead approach in hitting.
- Practice fatigue/pressure in your practices and why.
- Genetic principles.
- Variation tool box.
- Let kids play different games and why.
- Let the movement do the talking.
- What is the optimal challenge.
- Learn from Variation.
- Educate yourself in movement analysis, let movement do the talking, ask questions and so much more.
Paul Venner is a specialist in human movement and athletic performance with an evolutionary and ecological approach to training. The relationships between motor variability and dynamic stability, motor learning and transfer of training have his particular interests. He gained his first experience as Strength & Conditioning coach at the Institute of Sports in Sydney (NSWIS) where he finalized his Bsc. in Sports & Movement (Fontys University, 2011).
He received his MSc. in Strength & Conditioning in London (St. Mary’s University Twickenham, 2012-2016) and worked for four years as S&C coach with many elite and talent programs for the Olympic Institute of the Netherlands (NOC*NSF, 2011-2015). During this time he also started working for the Dutch National Baseball Federation. Furthermore, he developed the concept and brand Ultimateinstability® from 2011 onwards with the training equipment Aqua bags®, Aqua balls® and the latest Hydro vest®. His current role is as Head of Athletic Performance for the Netherlands Baseball & Softball Federation (2015-current).
Web Site: www.caliendosportsinternationa
Web Site: www.isgbaseball.com <http://www.isgbaseball.com/>
Web Site: www.wbsc.org
Baseball Educational Podcast
Baseball Educational Podcast
Website: BaseballOutsideTheBox.com <http://baseballoutsidethebox.
Twitter: @BaseballOut <https://twitter.com/baseballo
About the Show:
Email questions or comments to the show: firstname.lastname@example.org
Get Baseball Outside The Box on iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, Podbean, and more.
Brought to you by LineupMedia.fm.