Coach Caliendo has the honor of going back to some of his 25 year roots with USA baseball and interview Andrew Bartman the current Director of coaching for USA Baseball. This is a very special interview for coach Caliendo because he has had many people in the game and at USA Baseball help him further his coaching career and he thanks them on this podcast.
Coach Bartman is a former college baseball coach, very interesting, smart, outside the box thinker and understands the development of coaches at the grassroots level. They cover many aspects of the USA Baseball programs and philosophies when it comes to the development of coaches and players.
Some of the areas covered on the podcast:
- They get into the very important USA Baseball Coaching programs and how they help coaches, players and parents. Like there regional and community clinics, Coach certification, coaching App and more.
- Advice for young coaches, if they were just starting to get into coaching at any level.
- As you travel the country with the USA Baseball Regional and Community Clinics, what are coaches hungry for and what are some of the answers?
- They discuss why the participation numbers are finally going up at the grassroots level of the game, how programs like Playball hosted by MLB/USA Baseball help grow the game a lot in the USA. This information is very important to leagues in the USA and around the world.
- How can you grab a kids attention in a game that is boring to many and then once you grabbed their attention how do you keep it?
- How is Coaching now adays compared to the past and what are some difference?
- Are there adjustments nowadays when it comes in handling and dealing with todays players? What are some of them?
- Some things you changed your mind on, or drills how you do them differently.
- Ways to deal with todays parents.
- Women’s baseball and how it has grown.
- Coaching your own kids.
- Practice organization and how important it is to the development of your team and players.
- Game modifications and how they benefit the development of the game, 6 on 6.
- And so much more.
USA Baseball Web Site: www.usabaseball.com
USA Baseball Twitter: @USABaseball
Coach Bartman’s Twitter: @coachbartman
Andrew Bartman joined the USA Baseball Staff in March 2019 at the Director of Coaching Development. Bartman is in charge of developing coaching resources and working with the Sport Development team to assess and grow the organization's coaching education offerings. He also runs the USA Baseball Coaches Clinic program, including scheduling and coordinating each event.
Prior to joining USA baseball, Bartman was the Youth Division Liaison at the American Baseball Coaches Association (ABCA) for two years. While there, he coordinated Community Clinics and manager the Youth Clinics at the organization's national convention. He also served as a baseball coach at the collegiate level for 12 years.
Bartman graduated with a Bachelor's Degree in Physical Education from MacMurray College in 2006 before earning his Master's Degree in Sports Management from American Public University in 2011.
He currently lives in High Point, North Carolina, with his wife, Nicole, and their two daughters, Kendall and Micah.
Web Site: www.caliendosportsinternationa
Web Site: www.isgbaseball.com <http://www.isgbaseball.com/>
Web Site: www.wbsc.org
Baseball Educational Podcast
Baseball Educational Podcast
Website: BaseballOutsideTheBox.com <http://baseballoutsidethebox.
Twitter: @BaseballOut <https://twitter.com/baseballo
About the Show:
Email questions or comments to the show: email@example.com
Get Baseball Outside The Box on iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, Podbean, and more.
Brought to you by LineupMedia.fm.