Discussing the importance of Strength training in season for Pitchers with Nunzio Signore, Owner, and Operator of Rockland Peak Performance. We also cover the importance of weight training in season with all players and why.
Nunzio Signore since 2011 when he opened his business he has trained approximately 200 High School, college and MLB players in the NY area. Author of the book Pitchers Arm Care, Director of the Pitching Lab and a contributing writer for such publications as Inside Pitch Magazine, Elite Baseball Performance and Stack Sports.
He has been one of the most in-demand coaches/trainers in the New York and New Jersey area for the past 10 years, working with players in the NY Yankees, Cleveland Indians, Minnesota Twins, Anaheim Angels, and Seattle Mariners organizations.
Nunzio has served as a speaker at clinics like Pitch-A-Palooza, Be the Best and Inside Baseball as well as lecturing to college exercise science departments at schools such as Penn State, Springfield College and Cortland University to name a few. He has done extensive baseball mentorships with Eric Cressey of Cressey Sports Performance
Web Site: www. Rocklandpeakperformance.com
Twitter: @NunzioSignore and @RPP_Performance
- Importance of In season weight training for all positions
- Fixing mechanics in the weight room
- Velocity-Based Training
- Lateral Power testing on pitchers
- Creating profiles and building out a program
- Energy system work for ball players
- Force/velocity profiling
- Fixing mechanical issues in the weight room -power testing for pitchers Hope to speak soon and thank you for the response
- Non dominate side training
- Be very careful with weighted ball programs
- Loose joints do not need to stretch more
- Tighter guys needs more stretching
- Velocity killers
- Long distance running vs Sprints
- Lower half, glutes/Hamstring strength
About the Show:
Email questions or comments to the show: email@example.com
Get Baseball Outside The Box on iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, Podbean, and more.
Brought to you by LineupMedia.fm.