Coach Caliendo continues to delve into the mental game of baseball with
Diamondbacks Mental Skills Coordinator Zach Brandon.
Coordinator, Mental Skills
* Played baseball at Linfield College (OR) under head coach, Scott
Brosius, and was a member of their 2013 DIII National Championship team
* Received my Master’s degree in Kinesiology with a focus in Sport
Psychology from Cal State Fullerton (mentored by their faculty in applied
sport psychology including Ken Ravizza)
* Began working full time at IMG Academy (FL) in the summer of 2016 as
a mental conditioning coach.
* In my two and a half years there, I consulted with various sports
including baseball, basketball, track & field, and tennis.
* Also had the opportunity to individually consult with some of our
Olympic track & field trainees and MLB players in the offseason
* Hired in November to be the Mental Skills Coordinator for the
Arizona Diamondbacks and oversee the development and implementation of our
mental skills program.
* Understanding the 21st-century baseball player
* Designing your culture for the 21st-century baseball player
* Mental skills in baseball and coaching considerations
* Ways to integrate mental training into practice
* Everyone is a mental coach
* Challenging players in practice
* Do not only focus on the outcome
* Developing healthy relationships
* New Generation Z
* Major mistakes we make with now a day players
* Create Environment
* Dealing with failure in practice
* Mechanics and then focus external
* Learn it, practice it, own it
* Pink Elephant
* Continues feedback, less is more
* And so much more!
Reach Brandon on Twitter @MVP_Mindset
About the Show:
Email questions or comments to the show: email@example.com
Get Baseball Outside The Box on iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, Podbean, and more.
Brought to you by LineupMedia.fm.